With Gapminder Tools Offline you can show animated statistics from your own laptop!
• You can use it without internet access
• You can visualise your own data like this or even combine your data with the datasets provided like this.
• The software and the datasets will update automatically when connection is available
• It’s free
Download (scroll down for instructions)
Portable Mac versions: .zip
Note: MacOS Catalina is currently not completely supported. If you get an error that Apple cannot check for malicious software try the following: Right-click the app icon and select “Open”; you may have to do this in the Finder, in your “Applications” folder. This may bring up the same dialog, but with an option to Open the file anyway.
Older versions can be found in the bottom of this page.
Examples and instructions from workshops can be found here (30 MB)
We are continuously improving this app. If you found a problem, report it here.
Start the DMG you’ve just downloaded and follow instructions that will show up. It’s like normal Mac app install.
1. Download AppImage file
2. Make it executable
3. Run it
If you get an error mentioning a sandbox, try running it with –no-sandbox option: ./Gapminder+Offline.AppImage –no-sandbox
Download exe installer above, run it and follow instructions that will show up. It’s like normal Windows app install.
If you are not allowed to install programs on your school or company computer, use the portable version (download links given above). Portable means it does not require installation, only unpacking. Once unpacked, you can move the app between computers on a USB stick and it should still work.
1. Download the zip file for Windows. When download is complete, go to your Download folder (or the folder you chose to download the zip file). Select the zip file and click on Compressed Folder Tools in the top title bar.
3. Select the destination for the extracted folder, and click Extract.
4. Once the extraction is complete, double click on the file Gapminder Offline.exe to run the tool.