With Gapminder Tools Offline you can show animated statistics from your own laptop!
• You can use it without internet access
• You can visualise your own data like this or even combine your data with the datasets provided like this.
• The software and the datasets will update automatically when connection is available
• It’s free
Download (scroll down for instructions)
Start the DMG you’ve just downloaded and follow instructions that will show up. It’s like normal Mac app install.
1. Extract the zip file and open the folder Gapminder Offline-linux
2. Double click on the file Gapminder Offline to Run.
3. Or if you’re using the terminal, type ./Gapminder \Offline
Download exe installer above, run it and follow instructions that will show up. It’s like normal Windows app install.
If you are not allowed to install programs on your school or company computer, use the portable version: .zip x64 or .zip x32. Portable means it does not require installation, only unpacking. Once unpacked, you can move the app between computers on a USB stick and it will still work.
1. Download the zip file for Windows. When download is complete, go to your Download folder (or the folder you chose to download the zip file). Select the zip file and click on Compressed Folder Tools in the top title bar.
3. Select the destination for the extracted folder, and click Extract.
4. Once the extraction is complete, double click on the file Gapminder Offline.exe to run the tool.