Do you love facts? So does Gapminder, and we are looking for more people like us.
During the past 10 years Gapminder has become world-famous for dismantling global misconceptions and promoting a fact-based worldview everyone can understand. We systematically ask people fact-questions about the world, wanting to reveal and dismantle the largest misconceptions about basic global facts in all kinds of topics, from demography to climate change and the global financing system, and many more.
Today, our free teaching tools reach more than 5 million people across the world each year. We want to reach more people and dismantle even more misconceptions to have a global impact on people’s worldview. With large upcoming projects to do just that, we are now looking for more Ignorance Hunters, people with different backgrounds and expertise, but with an insatiable hunger for knowledge and facts.
About the Ignorance hunting role
In this role you will be digging deep to find facts, which you enjoy. You don’t give up until you find and understand them.
Your responsibility will be to find important and relevant facts, making sure they are correct, and phrase them in simple language and questions.
You have a natural instinct for what the general public might know and what they probably have no idea about. You will find the data behind the published and publicized facts and can look for underlying patterns and correlations with related topics.
You will be working in a team with Ignorance hunters, to independently identify the most relevant facts that can be translated into questions, that will be tested on the public.
Basic qualities and requirements
- You have a basic knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and global development.
- Experience from working with research is an asset.
- You have very good numerical, analytical and fact-checking skills and are able to use them to find interesting facts.
- You have a good understanding of how people think.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are an asset.
- You are able to clearly communicate and collaborate with team members and external consultants.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiatives.
Anywhere, online (there is office space in Stockholm, Sweden if you live close by)
Terms, to be discussed
- Temporary contract or consultancy contract, with start immediately for a 3-6 months project (could evolve into a position at Gapminder Foundation)
- Full or part time, super-flexible working hours
How to apply
If this sounds interesting, please send in your application 2019-12-19 at the latest by following these steps:
- Take the Gapminder Test: http://forms.gapminder.org/s3/test-2018
- Send in a short letter of introduction (max 1 A4) (or very short video!), explaining why you think you fit this job description.
- Send in your CV (short version) to [email protected]
The position will be filled as soon as possible, so do not wait to send in your application!
Gapminder is an independent Swedish foundation with no political, religious or economic affiliations. Gapminder is a fact tank, not a think tank. Gapminder fights devastating misconceptions about global development. Gapminder produces free teaching resources making the world understandable based on reliable statistics. Gapminder promotes a fact-based worldview everyone can understand. Gapminder collaborates with universities, UN, public agencies and non-governmental organizations. All Gapminder activities are governed by the board. We do not award grants. Gapminder Foundation is registered at Stockholm County Administration Board.