During the past 10 years Gapminder has become world famous for dismantling global misconceptions and explaining a fact-based worldview. Our free teaching tools reach more than 5 million people across the world each year and our plan is to reach many more.
Gapminder is now looking for an experienced finance professional to join our team. Gapminder’s office is conveniently located at Södermalm in Stockholm and we are a small but diverse group of people from all over the world so we mostly speak English over coffee. As Finance and Administration Manager you will work closely with and report to the Executive Director.
Duties and Main Responsibilities
The Finance & Administration Manager is expected to drive best practices in finance, administration and human resources management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth.
- Ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting;
- Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Prepare financial reports for specific projects in compliance with grant requirements;
- Prepare invoices for clients and resolve any billing issues;
- Develop and put into practice procedures for handling finances and accounting, review accounting discrepancies and recommend corrective actions;
- Keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Focal point with external entities such as bookkeeping company, auditor and tax authorities, etc;
- Monitor the performance of the financial assets;
- Make sure tax reporting obligations are timely fulfilled.
- Develop, improve and document administrative procedures;
- Prepare the bi-annual Board Meeting, convene and take minutes;
- Handle contacts and office contracts;
- Track progress of legal disputes and registrations;
- Prepare and proofread internal documents.
Human Resources Management
- Support the Executive Director in relation to recruitment processes and human resources matters;
- Develop and manage human resources procedures in line with the legal framework and the Collective Agreement signed with IDEA;
- Ensure an efficient time and travel claim reporting;
- Supervise and attest payroll processing.
To succeed in this role we expect you to be analytical, organised and structured with an eye for detail. You have the ability to work independently and to take initiative.
You enjoy constantly planning and re-planning, predicting and solving upcoming problems to reach deadlines, and you love facilitating team collaboration to make sure things get delivered on time. You will be dealing with confidential and sensitive information and it is important that you are able to handle it with integrity and responsibility.
- University degree in finance, management or equivalent
- Minimum 5-years experience
- Experience with earmarked grant management
- Advanced knowledge in Excel and financial systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swedish
- Experience of working in a non-profit foundation is highly valued
- Permanent position with a six months’ probation period, starting as soon as possible
- Full-time, i.e.40-hours a week, with flexible working hours
How to apply
Send an email to [email protected] no later than October 25th 2019, with the following attachments:
- Your CV
- A short letter of introduction, explaining why you think you fit this job description