During the past 10 years, Gapminder has become world famous for explaining a fact-based worldview and for teaching Factfulness. We have built a huge global online audience, but most of our ideas have not yet been published: we keep inventing new stuff all the time!
We need a creative person who loves to explain complex content through different types of visuals (e.g. animated infographics). You are excellent at creating content for websites and social media platforms quickly. You will also make sure that all of our materials and outputs are in line with our style guidelines before they are published. You have some experience in making videos and short animations, either by yourself or with external contractors.
You enjoy being in a constant planning and re-planning mode, predicting and solving upcoming problems for future deadlines, and you love facilitating team collaboration to make sure things get delivered in time. If you can make this happen, Gapminder has the channels to reach hundreds of millions of curious people around the world. People who are fed up with the avalanche of overdramatic media reports in their online feeds. People who want to see a fact-based worldview on a daily basis, to reduce unnecessary stress and make better decisions.
You will be responsible for translating our content and the data we work with into amazing visuals:
- Creating full infographics (animated and/or static), charts, simple graphs, gifs and other visual content for interactive experiences or for publication in our digital and print channels.
- Providing the graphic component to our communication packages and reviewing other materials ahead of launches to ensure brand coherence and alignment to our style guidelines.
- Producing templates for online and print materials (e.g. press releases, HTML emails (headers and footers), document layouts, PPT presentations, posters).
- Editing and retouching images.
- Filming, editing and producing short videos for different purposes and channels.
- Collaborating with external contractors for graphic design, animations and video production projects if needed.
- You have at least 2 years of work-life experience.
- You have good numerical and analytical skills and are able to use them to translate data into amazing visuals.
- Your have infographics in your portfolio, with data-driven graphics and easy-to-understand statistical diagrams.
- You are a star using the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- You are structured, organised and have a goal-achieving attitude.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages are
- You are able to clearly communicate and collaborate with team members and external
- You are able to manage many projects at once.
Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden – and you can work from home a lot!
It is a full time position (on a consultancy basis), which could evolve into a staff position at the Gapminder Foundation. The work will start as soon as possible, when we have found the right person for the job. We will send feedback to all applicants no later than 27 May 2019.
How to apply
Send an email to: [email protected], with the following attachments:
- The pdf-diploma you received when you passed the Gapminder Test: gapm.io/test18
- Your CV and portfolio.
- A short letter of introduction (or very short video!), explaining why you think you fit this job description.
Please note that the persons invited to an interview will be asked to do a test.