About the Interview
In a cooperation between the internet community Reddit and TED,Reddit users got to put their questions to Hans Rosling. In this video response he answers the top 10 questions with explaining graphs.
The 10 questions:
1. What is your min is the number one lesson to be learned from your way of looking at data; what ought our governments do that they are not doing.
2. If you could present your stats to a panel of any five people in the world, who would you chosse and why?
3. In my experience, people do not understand statistics and will never change their opinion based on statistics, I would like to ask if you agree.
4. What are the most startling or intriguing correlation you have encountered while playing with different values on the the x and y axis at gapminder.org.
5. What do you think of the state of statistics education in high school and colleges?
6. Would you be willing to help the WhiteHouse present the Healthcare budget in such a way as to make it easier for the average person to understand the value of a public option or single payer plan?
7. Do you think CUDA is an important step in the path of better and richer visualizations of data?
8. What are your future plans for Gapminder?
9. What can bra done to encourage governments and international organizations to more actively and effectively collect and publish vital statistics?
10a. But how do you recommend that I or we help the “bottom billion”? I’m wondering about practical ways the “top billion” can assist the “bottom billion” with small units of organizations.
10b. What’s it like knowing so many on reedit have intense nerd crushes on you?