PoorestRichest
Tamang, Nepal
$132

Tamang

Tamang, Nepal
Home of

Tamang

Tamang, Nepal
Monthly income
$132
$132
Monthly income

The Tamang family lives in Nepal. Krishna is 30 years old and is a soldier. His wife Maya is 31 years old and she is a farmer and a housewife. They live with their 2 children in a 2-bedroom house. The family owns the house and have been living here for 20 years. The next big thing they plan on buying is food supplies and their dream is to be able to buy some clothes.

The Tamang family lives in Nepal. Krishna is 30 years old and is a soldier. His wife Maya is 31 years old and she is a farmer and a housewife. They live with their sons Ajay, 12 years old, and Bijay, 11 years old, who are students. Together, the family works for a total of 61 hours/week. The Tamang family lives in a 2-bedroom house, which they own and got built with help of friends and relatives. They've been living there for the past 20 years. The house has no electricity or running water and the toilet is outside but not shared with other households. They also own another dwelling and agricultural land. The family has to buy 80% of their food and produce the remaining 20% themselves. Food supplies cost them about 60% of their income. They have access to safe drinking water on their plot, which costs them up to 10% of their income. They use wood for cooking in their kitchen. Maya spends 25 hours a week collecting wood and one hour collecting water. The Tamang family saves money. They’ve never been on a vacation and the furthest they have ever been was Dhunche, Nepal. The next thing they plan to buy is more food. They hope that one day they will be able to fulfill their dream of buying more clothes.

Photo by: Luc Forsyth
All families in Nepal