PoorestRichest
Gada, India
$466
Home of

Gada

Gada, India
Home of

Gada

Gada, India
Monthly income
$466
$466
About the data
In this household each adult can consume goods and services worth about 466 US dollars each month. This consumption includes the things they buy as well as the things they produce for themselves (if any). We guesstimated this amount based on the assets the family owned and the incomes they reported. We scaled down the reported values by about 30% to take into account some additional cost of living factors (extra costs which we assumed were not included in the official "PPP-rate" that we use to transfer local currencies into dollars).

The Gada family lives in Mumbai, India. Bavesh works as a shopkeeper and lives with his wife and a 2-year-old son. They live in a rented 2-bedroom house and have been living there for 3 years. The next thing they plan on buying is an LCD TV. Their dream is to buy a car and a house of their own.

The Gada family lives in Mumbai, India. Bavesh works as a shopkeeper and lives with his wife and 2-year-old son. Bavesh works 70 hours a week. The family lives in a rented 2-room house and have been living there for 3 years. The house has uninterrupted electricity supply, drinking water, and an indoor toilet. Bavesh’s wife also spends 7 hours a week collecting water. The family purchases 90% of their food and the rest 10% comes from gifts. They spend 30% of their income on food. They use propane to cook food in their kitchen. The family is saving money. The next thing they are planning to buy is an LCD TV. They are hoping one day to fulfill their dream of buying a car and their own house.

Photo by: AJ Sharma
All in India